Kojubatania

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Season So Far

I acquired Burnout Revenge last week. Excellent game. It is the first car game I've really felt competent in since Crazy Taxi. I think I'll be spending some time unlocking cars in-between sessions of X-Men and Nemesis this week. Sheesh. Good thing these games were paid off a long time ago.

I'm thinking about trading Lockdown back in. I haven't played it since I got it, and nobody else on my friends list seems all that interested in it. Considering my considerable backlog, it does not seem likely that I'll get around to the single player missions any time soon. I'll probably want to put the trade value in towards another pre-order. Just not sure which one. Maybe Shattered Union, since it's apparently turn-based.

So, back to the tube. My thoughts so far:

  • Bones - I like it. They're going to have to really go downhill in future episodes to get it off my list. Both leads are easy to relate to and make for some interesting chemistry. So far, it's my favorite new series.

  • Supernatural - Eh. I know they are going for horror, but this show is too dark (light level, not content) for me to figure out what is going on half the time. I don't really feel any attachment to the two brothers. Overall, I'm not all that impressed. I'll give it another episode or two to keep me watching.

  • Threshold - Okay. I think this show is trying too hard to capture the Lost audience. Heck, they even stole Ethan! There is a lot of meat here, though, and I'll watch it. Again, it's another show where I'm not really feeling any attachment to the characters. Then again, it's hard to tell what's real and what's hallucination, so that's making it hard to figure out what exactly is happening.


  • Next up: Surface and Just Legal recorded last night. Probably won't get to them tonight. Second episodes of Bones and Supernatural tonight. Lost starts up again tomorrow, followed by the new show Invasion. Then Friday is the last episode of Battlestar before the hiatus.

    Oh, and Serenity comes to theatres next week!

    It's a good time to be a Sci Fi fan.




    Link of the moment: Yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day. Since Ninjas are entitled to equal celebration, check out Ninjai: The Little Ninja. Excellent flash series that can get a little violent in spots. Chapter 2 is hilarious, but use headphones in a work environment.

    4 Comments:

    • I'm really digging Bones. Something about the show just works for me.

      By Blogger k o w, at 08:45  

    • DAYUM, imissed Bones.. Crap!!! i watched Threshold and Surface. I like them both. Threshold is like a TV show of the mmovie Species. Surface i watched on and off due to um, online distraction, but look forward to watching this weeks episode.

      By Blogger Melvin "eM" Arroyo, at 09:34  

    • Emily Deschanel's amazing chest works for me on Bones. I'm a big David Boreanaz fan too, so that helps. I like Supernatural but agree that it's too damn dark. They should do more with the brother who was on Smallville, because he's pretty good. Threshold is growing on me.

      By Blogger Brandon Cackowski-Schnell, at 15:07  

    • GET SHATTERED UNION!!!! YOU MUST GET IT! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17:10  

    Post a Comment

    << Home