Kojubatania

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Indecisive

I just finished Lego Star Wars last night, unlocking everything except invinciblility without using cheat codes (I didn't feel like trying to round up the million studs just to buy God Mode, so I left it unpurchased). Fun game that I'll probably go back to every so often. If my kids can get themselves off restriction, it's probably a good one for them, too - except for that frustrating pod race. Those dang sand people are completely unwelcome in my boulder-strewn race course, thank you very much.

So now I have to figure out what to play next for my single player enjoyment. I've got twenty-five single-player experiences waiting for me to play beyond my usual selection of multiplayer Live games and City of Heroes, and I'm stumped. Do I tackle something huge like Mercenaries, GTA:SA or Gladius? Or do I go with some lighter fare like Metal Arms, BloodRayne or PoP:WW? Or should I get in gear on something critically acclaimed like Beyond Good & Evil? Then again, I could always hone my online skills by playing a single player mode on one of the Splinter Cells, MechAssault 2, or Ghost Recon 2. I know, life is rough. (Then again, if I'm worrying about this, I'm also not worrying about the hurricane damage to my house or the problems the kids are having in school.) Since I didn't pay anything close to retail price for most of them, I don't feel obligated to finish one or another for the purpose of recouping value through trades, though it would be nice.

There's family in town, so Patti is going to bingo tonight with some of them. I've got the kids - but once they go to bed I've got the house to myself. So I can play whatever I want without worrying about whether the PC or TV is in use until 2300 or so.

I think my cybernetic supercop senses are tingling, so I'll probably run a mission or two on CoH tonight unless otherwise compelled. But tomorrow, Patti will probably be working on another Pogo badge, so it's back to the Xbox for me.

Oh, and I added three more toys to my desk since that picture was taken (another Transformer and two magnetic Mega Blok knights), and the internet is sending me another seven thanks to some good deals. I should probably look for a twelve-step program for this.




Link of the moment: Speaking of interactive digital entertainment, what video game character are you?

11 Comments:

  • I finished Lego Star Wars last week and did the same thing you did, Koj -- I unlocked everything except invincibility. Playing *SPOILER* at the end as *SPOILER* was a rather nice little reward.

    As a recommendation, PLAY BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL. You won't regret it. Don't be put off by the talking animals in the beginning of the game -- what seems silly at first becomes part of the overall charm and beauty of this title.

    As for me, I'm currently playing BloodRayne 2, (I wanted to play the original, but found out I have a bad disc), and Manhunt, because I am just that ADHD.

    (I'm also playing Meteos, Warioware: Twisted and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the Nintendo DS; and Smart Bomb, Hot Shots Golf, Archer MacLean's Mercury and Lumines on the PSP.)

    By Blogger Cold Justice, at 17:51  

  • I was leaning towards BG&E, too, but I also have to run a MechAssault 2 CGN on Sunday, and could probably use the practice.

    CJ: Yeah, I liked the little bonus level at the end, but the level was too short. I hope they are serious about the 'To Be Continued' and make another game for the first trilogy.

    Slick: This is what I have on the To Be Played/Finished list, in no particular order:

    SSX Tricky
    Hunter the Reckoning: Redeemer
    Otogi
    Shenmue II
    Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
    Gladius
    Crimson Sea
    Phantom Dust
    Beyond Good & Evil
    BloodRayne
    BloodRayne 2
    Outlaw Volleyball
    Secret Weapons Over Normandy
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    GTA: Vice City
    GTA: San Andreas
    Sudeki
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
    Spider-Man 2
    Star Wars: Republic Commando
    Amped 2
    Conker: Live & Reloaded
    Ghost Recon 2
    Mercenaries

    And just got Raze's Hell in the mail today.

    Had some fun earlier fooling around with the Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot disk from Blockbuster, so I might take the full game out for a little spin, too.

    By Blogger Kojubat, at 20:48  

  • We don't talk about the ones I haven't played yet... :p

    By Blogger Cold Justice, at 21:14  

  • Good call, Slick.

    Otogi is like the inverse of Burnout 3: In Burnout, you are laughing so hard you don't care if you lose -- in Otogi, you get so lost in the beauty and concept, that you don't mind getting killed -- until about the fifth or sixth time...

    By Blogger Cold Justice, at 21:37  

  • One other thought... I really enjoyed Gladius. If you do both campaigns, it will easily eat up 100+ hours, though.

    It's a turn-based, strategic gladiatorial combat game, with magic and weirdlings added in for fun. The turn-based aspect turns a lot of people off, but I really liked it.

    It would be a relaxing follow-up to Otogi.

    By Blogger Cold Justice, at 21:56  

  • Now see I just went back to COH blasting around baddies for 2 hours last night and had a blast.

    BG&E is pretty dope though. Go with that.

    By Blogger k o w, at 09:41  

  • Dude, should have looked me up. I played CoH about three hours last night.

    The judges have spoken. BG&E it will be.

    By Blogger Kojubat, at 09:53  

  • your kidding me right?

    On Liberty? Shoot I could have used your help. I need to establish more contacts now that I'm done blasting robots in warehouses.
    I'm on there as Keg O'War.

    By Blogger k o w, at 11:15  

  • Ah. No, on Victory. I have a character on Liberty, though, just can't remember which one. I'll check tonight.

    By Blogger Kojubat, at 12:30  

  • Liberty, thats the one. I goofed. We should run around on there.

    By Blogger k o w, at 16:30  

  • Checked my list. I'm Swordstroke on Liberty. Copbot on Victory.

    By Blogger Kojubat, at 20:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home