Kojubatania

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I love end-of-month time. I get swamped at work and have so much to do, its pretty fun. I like having things to do and my monthly reports give me a staged set of goals to meet. This time around with the new company, I've also got some new requests and such inserted into the mix that is making it even more interesting. I also have about twenty back-burnered projects that I'd like to tackle. That might sound daunting to some, but it's what gets me in the door each day. Once a job is old and there's nothing new to look forward to, that is when it's time to move on.

I don't really have any pictures here at the blog. At some point, I've got to fix that. My cubicle, especially, needs to be digitally recorded. I love toys, and it shows. Despite the three computers I need to do my job, plus various paperwork and phone equipment, I have quite the collection. A quick count right now puts it at 74 different toys, and that's counting the two gestalt Transformers as one toy each. Lately, I've been collecting Xevoz figures. They're a discontinued toy line from Hasbro based off of Stikfas. These things are loads of fun to put together and play with. I could probably make some kind of cheesy stop-motion video and rake in the mad loot or something. Most of the ones I am missing are rare and expensive, so it doesn't sound like such a bad idea at the moment.

Well, while I run another report, I've got to figure out where those twenty headsets I ordered have gotten to, since they were due in last week. I've got contractors sharing headsets, and that's about one smidge below sharing toothbrushes.




Link of the moment: Pete's link back here (thanks!) reminded me of Pokethulu. I probably shouldn't even think about that.

5 Comments:

  • Xevoz figures are pretty nicely done. I've been messing with Stikfas since before the were cool and "rocking out". My cubicle is the same way minus 72 figures. I have a Beanie Baby Godzilla 2000 watching my laser printer and a Stikfas black alpha male climbing the taller of 2 cornstalks in the rear of my office. I tried to design a Mechana Stikfa (I own a ton of them, best action figue ever) into a giant to sit at the top of the plant but just can't get it right.

    I had no idea you were into figures. You should have started blogging sooner.

    By Blogger k o w, at 14:33  

  • Sounds like you need the 14" Stikfa. The store http://www.youbuynow.com/item/1441 has a good picture of it I've seen elsewhere.

    But yeah, my desk is about three-way split between Lego, Xevoz and Transformers, with a smattering of Marvel comic minifigs and a Halo Warthog. I like toys I can either manipulate or build, for the most part.

    I also have a massive amount of Wrebbit Puzz3Ds sitting in the box because I have nowhere to display them.

    By Blogger Kojubat, at 15:11  

  • The Lego collection I had growing up was epic. There wasn't a Medieval set I didn't own and then they came out with the Robin Hood sets. I got rid of them all when I was 16 and have kicked my self repeatedly ever since.

    Post some pics of this heaven you work in.

    By Blogger k o w, at 16:24  

  • Koju,

    I recommend you check out www.flickr.com as a nice touch for posting pictures to your site.

    Check out my blog to see how it works. I've been diggin it since Major Nelson turned me on to it.

    Great lil site by the way!

    By Blogger Aaron, at 15:50  

  • Hmm. Okay, I'll check it out. I have a personal web server, though, so I'll probably just keep them there.

    Just needed to remember to take my camera to work, which I have done. I'll get pictures up tonight or tomorrow.

    By Blogger Kojubat, at 16:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home