Kojubatania

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Swampland

Just swamped, but need to brain dump if I really mean for this to be a record of my memories as a present to my future amnesiac self.

Banner above added for http://www.myfamilycanhelp.com, though I suspect most of the readers here already know about it.

Labor Day weekend was quite the annoyance. Our A/C went out while three of the four people living in the house were down with some nasty viral infection. Nobody responded to voice mails or the 'emergency' pager. We finally got someone to respond yesterday, and the repair dude fixed it. Living in this kind of humid heat without any sort of climate control is downright uncomfortable, and I really have nothing to complain about.

I started Beyond Good & Evil last week. Excellent game. I'm wondering if it is as short as it appears it will be. I suspect I will be surprised at some point with something that expands my options. I'm just getting started in the Slaughterhouse area, just to give an idea of where I am.

Saw the new niece again on Monday with my father and my less ill son. Still quite the cutie. The first niece is taking this whole 'new baby' thing very well, and I can't detect a hint of jealousy. Glad to see it. It was also good to spend some time with my father - something that just hasn't been happening very often lately.

Took the youngest son back to the psychiatrist's office yesterday. This time was with the actual doctor, not just a therapist. Since he's only showing symptoms at school, they seem willing to back off their medication stance. They are pretty much ruling out any other possible causes, though, since he doesn't show signs of anxiety, depression or such. So, good news. He has recommended some more regimented discipline (not much off what we already do) with better feedback for my son throughout the day (so he can see how he is doing with his teacher). I'm pretty positive about the whole thing.

Still pretty busy at work - it seems every week something new gets added to my plate, if not every other day. I might have to start training someone to pick up some of my more routine tasks.

So, nothing profound and nothing interesting. Man, this stuff is boring to me and it's at least personally relevant.




Link of the moment: The colors! The shapes! The Kaleidoscope Toy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home