Kojubatania

Monday, June 05, 2006

Ten

Well, according to the bathroom scale, after two weeks I have lost ten pounds. I'm good with that, especially since I haven't really been doing much in the way of extra activity. As long as the number decreases, this will be worth it.

Oddly, it isn't anything specific that I crave. Mostly, it affects eating at restaurants. It's amazing how many chain restaurants don't provide nutritional information through their websites or menus. For some reason they think the "everything is made to order, so we can't give you accurate information" isn't obviously a way of saying "we can't be bothered". I tend to want a restaurant more than a particular food - I could really go for a trip to CiCi's, but there is no way I'm going there just to eat three slices of pizza.

In other news: King Kong the movie was okay. I think I had trouble suspending my disbelief, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I probably would have. It wasn't the giant animal thing that got me, though. I mean, Ann's back should have been broken into about a billion pieces based on how Kong carried her. And it seriously suffered from Saving Private Ryan syndrome - how many people had to die to rescue one moderately attractive unsuccessful actress?

I had the King Kong game out on Gamefly, so anyone who bothers to look at my gamercard can see I've been playing it lately. I'll probably finish it tonight or tomorrow. It's... well, not a bad game, per se. It's just not a good game. I'd definitely prefer to spend more time as Kong and less time as Jack. It's funny, though, how the game is programmed. Everyone thinks you're the hero of the story, even the people who probably know more about combat than a screenwriter. Including Hayes, the man who apparently has supernatural vision - somehow he can see that there is a fire about a mile down the canyon through a herd of migrating brontosauri. But hey, don't have the guy who actually saw the fire go get it (you know, to burn yet another bush), send out the guy whose weapon of choice is a typewriter.

Maybe it's a conspiracy. I'm the Skull Island Mikey - give the quest to Jack, he'll do anything! And if he gets munched by a dinosaur, well, then I guess we'll know which way not to go.

In any case, I want to finish it up so I can send it back and get something else. (Especially since I can't seem to locate the other game I have out.)




Link of the moment: Speaking of the natives in King Kong (okay, we weren't, but does it really matter?), have fun tossing a spear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home