Kojubatania

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Swiss

The software in my brain that references memory is faulty. It's not that I don't remember things, it's more that I don't know that I remember them. I think the pointers to all those variables are just miswired. It causes all sorts of consternation with my family when I can't remember anything from a phone conversation I had earlier in the day, but I can remember the words of a song I haven't sung in a dozen years.

I don't think it's that I actually forget the information, I just forget that I know it. If someone asks me a very specific question about something, I can typically dredge it up without too much trouble. Sometimes things are gone for good, but it's typically the incidentals - the name of the waitress after leaving a restaurant or the color of the ball a kid was tossing.

In any case, since I couldn't remember what I wanted to put in this thing - and I had a bunch of topics, honest - I figured I'd write this out in hopes of jogging my memory.

No such luck.




Link of the Moment: I haven't completely ruled out the possibility of mind-control as a leading cause of my memory issues. I am seriously considering constructing one of these fine products.

You know, when I remember to do it.

1 Comments:

  • You're just like me. Everyone at work seems to know that my memory sucks, but there are those instances where I prove them wrong, and they all shut up.

    It's true, I'll forget that I know it, keep thinking about it, and it comes back. So I didn't really forget, it's just not available at the moment. lol

    By Blogger Silver, at 12:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home