Kojubatania

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Heavy

You'd think I could find time to post here a little more often, eh? I'm going to try to make this a regular routine by posting something first thing in the morning. Maybe it will work.

In any case, the most recent development is that the Ms. and I have started a weight loss program. We've gone back to Weight Watchers, which worked pretty well for us the last time we tried it a few years ago. We just fell off the wagon. We're doing the online version, though. More tools at our disposal, and we don't have to pay for a weekly meeting.

I generally don't have issues with being overweight. I've been that way since birth (10 pounds, 4 ounces - sorry Mom). I'd like to be in better shape, but that shape doesn't have to be beanpole. At the start of this journey, my bathroom scale said I was 264.5 pounds. Considering I don't think I've ever been over 270, I could afford to lose a few pounds. My goal is to get down to 220 (where I was prior to adding children to the house), but I haven't set any kind of time limit.

We started the beginning of last week. Over the week, I lost four pounds. Not too bad, considering we really didn't get a chance to do much in the way of exercise. However, we stopped by the store this weekend and bought a pair of bikes to ride around the development and the occasional weekend jaunt to a bike trail. We also want to get the kids away from their training wheels.

It's been a while since I've ridden a bike. As such, my posterior is quite sore today after putting in a good half hour yesterday. Perhaps I'll get additional padding for the seat instead of rely on some kind of callus to develop.

I also have some free weights lying around. The days I don't ride, I'll do some upper-body exercise while watching TV. I think I might try and find a mat of some kind to do sit-ups. We have tile floor through most of the house, and the areas that are carpeted are done thinly.

Then again, maybe I just need to make room for my DDR pad.

In other news: finally got a chance to try Moroccan food at Epcot. Good stuff. Totally blew through my bonus food points for the week, though!




Link of the Moment: Speaking of getting smaller, you can start big and go small using the Science, Optics & You web page.

2 Comments:

  • The Mrs. and I joined a local gym in February, that's what I asked for my bday this year. I've enjoyed it so far, haven't really changed my eating habits at all, and I've still managed to lose 22 pounds. I alternate cardio with weight lifting. Two days a week, I stick strictly to cardio, and the other three I do weights. On saturdays, I do both. Good luck to you guys.

    By Blogger Mister Bones, at 16:17  

  • That's awesome man!

    The biggest thing is diet. When I began my change, I altered everything I ate, the amounts, and the types of food. 10 pounds were dropped in the first week just from that diet change.

    I dropped down to 199, but since then, I've gone up to 206. Not bad, but I'd like to get back down to the 190's.

    Keep up the good work, and post your progress every so often if you can!

    By Blogger Silver, at 12:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home