Kojubatania

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Found

A while back, I managed to lose my iPod. Since I mostly use it to listen to podcasts, and I didn't actually pay any money to acquire it, I wasn't exactly tearing up the house to find it. (It did, however, get me to do a deep cleaning of my car.) I knew it had to be in the house somewhere - the day I lost it was a day I had off from work to watch my youngest son while my father was in Virginia. Barring falling out of the car somewhere, I figured it would eventually show up in the house. At the very least, when we eventually move I'd have a "how did it get there" moment to cherish.

Well, apparently the little lady is concerned that I need some kind of gift for Father's Day, and she keeps looking at prices for a Nano. Which probably meant she was looking to replace my iPod for a hefty chunk of change. (I know it wasn't for her - she has a full-blown iPod Video. Our major Christmas gifts to each other was to allow usage of the Best Buy credit card to buy ourselves something we wanted. She got the Video, I got an LCD HDTV.) So, I felt inspired to look again around the house.

I found it. Annoyingly, it was somewhere I knew I had looked - in the cushions of my gaming couch. I have no idea why I didn't find it the last time I looked there. Barring the origin of an iPod AI attempting to win its freedom, I suspect it was somewhere else during my initial search. Some other force (such as my children or the machinations of gravity) caused it to get into the couch, where I found it.

I think I'm now qualified to be a bounty hunter, assuming there isn't a written portion of the licensing process.

(And yes, I realize that turning down a technology upgrade is worth at least two demerits on my permanent tech record.)

Oh, and I finished King Kong last night. Once you get to New York, the game pretty much plays itself. Got kind of boring, but it went fast. Cheap 1000 points for your gamerscore if that matters to you. Definitely don't buy it, though, stick to renting.




Link of the moment: Did you lose something - like, say, the map to where you buried Aunt Martha? Perhaps the Find A Grave website can help. If you don't have anyone in mind to look for, I've linked to a Real American Hero to get you started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home